University Library "Svetozar Markovic" is the oldest and largest university library in the country and the central library of the University of Belgrade.
The library is intended primarily for students, teachers and researchers, but is open to all citizens.
The library collection consists of the scientific and special publications, mostly in foreign languages, as well as electronic publications which can be accessed via the Academic Network.
Library building at 71 King Alexander Boulevard is the first building intentionally built as a libraries in Serbia in 1926 with donations from the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.
Department of Folk Literature is located outside this building in the House of Vojislav Jovanovic Marambo in 24 Bircaninova Street.